Full minutes of Trust Board Meeting – 11th January 2017

Attendees : Janet Guess (JG), Mick Lee (ML), Nick Cave (NC), Robin Carder (RC), and Tommy Anderson (TA).

1. Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Bob Green (BG) who was recovering from an operation, and Sean Chambers (SC). The Trust Board wished Bob a speedy recovery and are looking forward to seeing him on his return.

2. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 7 December 2016
These had previously been circulated and agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website.
ACTION : RC

3. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda
i. Trust Sign – This has still not been removed from the Trust Office and BG was still to arrange for the volunteers to put this outside the Ticket office.
ACTION : BG
ii. Tommy’s Workload – TA would meet SC before the next meeting to discuss the way forward.
ACTION : TA
iii. Transfer from the Paypal Account – ML would arrange transfer of all but £100 of the funds held in the Paypal account to the Trust bank account.
ACTION : ML
iv. Trust Stationery – SC was still to provide Trust letterhead, compliments slips and membership cards and would have these in ready for the next meeting.
ACTION : SC
v. Trust President – TA was pleased to confirm that Mike Pusey had accepted the position of Honorary Trust President. This would be announced for the York match.

4. Financial Report
ML provided end of year figures and had asked Ian Goodwright for some supporting documentation. He wished to get together with the auditor as soon as possible and JG agreed to email Mike Greenwood to facilitate this.
ACTION : JG

ML provided also provided figures on the current situation, which were :

Main account £20,333.69
Lucky 7s £0.23
Paypal 1 £1,099.57
Paypal 2 £388.24

There would shortly be a further invoice from the Football Club which would include payments for the players covered by the Boost the Budget fund, as well as commercial activity. ML agreed to circulate this to all before payment.
ACTION : ML

5. Chairman’s Report
TA was pleased that another Boost the Budget signing had been made and he and Gary Waddock were very satisfied with their working relationship. This would be the last such signing this season unless circumstances changed drastically. Generally things were going well and TA was very content.

6. Publicity
JG was disappointed in the publicity received for both Boost the Budget and the Christmas Raffle. It was agreed that lessons were to be learnt from this and NC and JG agreed to work together on a board to be used for Boost the Budget publicity. JG agreed to get quotes once a design had been agreed from Reade Signs and Daryl Baker.
ACTION : NC/JG

7. Fundraising
i. Scratchcards – This was now in profit but sales were slow although it was agreed that the cards could be pushed more now as the Christmas Raffle was completed. Sales were still excellent at the Crimea. NC had an idea to include a scratchcard in the price of hospitality in the EBB Lounge and agreed to approach Mark Butler about this.
ACTION : NC
JG agreed to approach one of her friends to see if they had connections in local pubs.
ACTION : JG
ii. Christmas Raffle – ML agreed to provide final figures on this and would email SC to include his sales.
ACTION : ML
iii. Cash for Shots – JG reported that there were 130 contributors but more publicity was required. RC wondered if leaflet could be handed out at the turnstiles and JG agreed to ask SC to provide more leaflets and posters.
ACTION : JG/SC
iii. Shots’ Quiz – It was agreed to put this on hold for the time being.
iv. Class of 2008 – It was agreed to concentrate on this and try to arrange a date towards the end of March. TA and NC agreed to liaise on this with the intention was to have a two course meal and auction at a price of £50 per ticket.
ACTION : TA/NC
v. Future events – TA was hoping to arrange a darts’ tournament in June and a sponsored walk to a local match next season.

8. Trust Café/Catering
The Football Club were again interested in the Trust taking on the catering next season and TA would discuss this at the Football Club Board meeting the next day.
ACTION : TA
9. Annual General Meeting
A provisional date of Wednesday, 17 May 2017 was agreed for this.

10. Any Other Business

i. Phoenix
JG thought the Board should be aware that the Phoenix costume was causing problems regarding a suitable place for storage. The Club Shop was considered the only suitable place and JG was in communication with Paul Blundell.
ACTION : TA
ii. Scoreboard
As the old scoreboard was no longer in use, it was considered this should be removed, and TA agreed to discuss the matter with BG.
ACTION : TA

10. Date of Next Meeting
This was agreed for Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 7 pm at the EBB.

The meeting closed at 8.45 pm.